Construct Law Group are specialists when it comes to matters involving the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 and have experience working on matters both for and against the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC, formerly QBSA).
Our experience in working both for and against the QBCC will be invaluable in helping you resolve your matter.
Our lawyers have appeared in hundreds of matters in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (and the former Commercial and Consumer Tribunal and Queensland Building Tribunal), which is the specialised jurisdiction that handles matters concerning the QBCC.
Our team at Construct Law Group has successfully represented builders, subcontractors and homeowners in review of QBCC decisions and can provide you with the advice you need to resolve your matter and achieve the best outcome.
We are able to assist contractors with the following QBCC issues:
- licence applications
- contract compliance
- reviewing directions to rectify
- defending claims made under the QBCC’s Home Warranty Insurance
- defending disciplinary actions
- defending actions for licence cancellation or suspension
We are able to assist homeowners with the following QBCC issues:
- early dispute resolution
- defective and incomplete work complaints (and directions to rectify)
- claims made under the QBCC’s Home Warranty Insurance
- consequential damage issues, including damage caused by building works performed on neighbouring sites
- reviewing decisions of the QBCC