Craig has worked extensively on the preparation and review of construction contracts and subcontracts in both the commercial and domestic sectors of the industry. His experience includes acting for major builders, developers, the former Queensland Building Services Authority, Master Builders’ Queensland and the Swimming Pools and Spas Association (Queensland).
Craig enjoys a close working relationship with the Master Builders’ Queensland (MBQ) and the Housing Industry Association (HIA) and sits on the following committees:
- Housing Sector Committee – MBQ
- South-East Queensland Technical and Legal Services Committee – HIA
Craig has extensive experience in security of payment issues including the preparation of payment claims, payment schedules, adjudication applications, adjudication responses and court applications seeking to have adjudication decisions upheld or overturned.
Craig represents clients in all court jurisdictions and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal in construction litigation. Craig regularly represents his clients in alternative dispute resolution and mediation conferences.
Craig has been named in Doyle’s legal practice guide in 2015, 2016 and 2017 as a leading Brisbane Construction & Infrastructure lawyer.
- Associate member of MBQ
- Housing Sector Committee member- MBQ
- Technical and Legal Committee member – HIA
- Queensland Law Society
- Founding member of the Building Disputes Practitioners’ Society (Qld Chapter)
Craig holds the following degrees from the Queensland University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Laws (with honours)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (with distinction)