Aleisha has acted for developers, principals, homeowners, builders, banks, liquidators, contractors and subcontractors. Her current practice primarily involves construction litigation, dispute resolution, contract drafting and risk management.
Aleisha has acted for and against the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (when it was the Queensland Building Services Authority) in administrative review matters and disciplinary prosecutions.
Aleisha is a qualified adjudicator registered under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (formally Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 ) which gives her a unique insight when assisting clients in preparing of adjudication applications or responses.
Aleisha is admitted to practice in the courts of Queensland and Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Aleisha MacKenzie was the Winner of the 2018 HIA Professional Services Small Business Award
- Queensland Law Society
- Founding member of the Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society (Queensland Chapter).
- Women Lawyers’ Association Queensland
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Associate Member of Master Builders’ Queensland
- Housing Industry Association
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Swimming Pool and Spa Association
Aleisha holds the following degrees from the Queensland University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Justice Studies)
- Masters of Law
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.