Aleisha’s clients include developers, principals, homeowners, builders, contractors and suppliers. Her current practice primarily involves construction litigation in both courts and tribunals, dispute resolution, contract drafting and risk management. She also provides advice to both contractors and homeowners on matters regarding the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) including acting in administrative review matters.
As a qualified adjudicator registered under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017, Aleisha provides unique insight when advising clients in relation to progress claims, payments schedules, preparing adjudication applications and/or responses.
Aleisha is passionate about giving back to her community and to not-for profit organisations. She is a proud sponsor (through Construct Law Group) of many industry events and she is a strong advocate for inclusion and equality.
As the leader of Construct Law Group, Aleisha has steered the strategic direction of the firm, all aspects of business development and the firms’ inclusive and supportive culture.
Aleisha is admitted to practice in the courts of Queensland and Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Aleisha has been recognised by both the legal community and the construction industry for her contribution including:
- Recommended Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers – QLD Doyles Guide 2023
- Excellence Awardee for Law Firm Leader of the year (1-100 Employees) – Australasian Law Awards 2023
- Finalist for Business Professional Award – AWIC 2022
- Finalist for Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year– Lawyers Weekly, Australian Law Awards 2022
- Winner of Professional Services Award and – HIA 2021
- Finalist for Business Woman of the Year Award – HIA 2021
- Finalist for Partner of the Year SME – Lawyers Weekly, Women in Law Awards 2021
- Winner of Professional Services Award and finalist in Business Women of the Year – HIA 2018
- Queensland Law Society
- Founding member of the Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society (Queensland Chapter).
- Women Lawyers’ Association Queensland
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Associate Member of Master Builders’ Queensland
- Housing Industry Association
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Swimming Pool and Spa Association
Aleisha holds the following degrees from the Queensland University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Justice Studies)
- Masters of Law
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice