Specialising in Building and Construction Law in Brisbane
Construct Law Group is a boutique legal firm that specialises in building and construction law. Our clients include developers, principals, builders, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, homeowners and statutory and industry bodies. We focus on meeting our clients’ individual needs in a timely and cost efficient manner.
At Construct Law Group we keep up to date with the latest legal developments in our area of expertise. We develop and foster relationships with our clients, experts and construction industry bodies so that the advice our clients receive is grounded and specific to their individual or company needs.
We ensure that we have an understanding of the commercial objective of each client when providing advice. Whether it is a residential project or large commercial project, our team has the expertise to assist you.
Construct Law Group have been recognised in the Doyles Legal Guide in 2015, 2016 and 2017 as a leading back-end construction law firm in Brisbane
- Building contract review, risk assessment and advice
- Commercial and residential building contract drafting
- Advice on Security of Payment legislation (adjudication) including payment claim and payment schedule preparation, court proceedings
- Builder’s money owed disputes with homeowners
- QBCC licensing advice
- QBCC administrative review of decisions
- QBCC compliance issues including MFR audits
- Representation on building and construction matters in QCAT and Courts
- Advice and dispute work for developers, subcontractors, contractors, builders and suppliers
- Subcontractors’ charges
- Honesty and integrity – we are honest with ourselves and others, and we honour our commitments and values (both personal and professional).
- Professionalism and ethics – we take our professional and ethical obligations very seriously and they are at the forefront of our minds in all interactions with clients, colleagues and other third-parties.
- Equality and inclusion – we strive for equality and inclusion amongst ourselves and in the greater community, and embrace flexible working arrangements.
- Specialised knowledge – we do one area of law and we do it well; we do not do work outside our expertise. We value our network of industry professionals.
- Collaboration and accountability – we work as a team for the benefit of our clients but also take accountability for our own actions.
- Compassion and empathy – we strive to be compassionate and empathetic to all people, and to focus on well-being and supporting each other.
Pricing and added value
Where possible, we offer fixed fees for our legal services so that our clients know what to expect with their legal bill and can budget for it. Offering fixed fee services enables us to focus on our clients’ matters rather than the number of hours we are working on it.
We pride ourselves on working as an efficient team to meet our clients’ expectations and objectives. To ensure expectations are met, clients can expect a lawyer with 10+ years’ experience to have the carriage of their matter.
We offer clients in-house training seminars at competitive prices. We can also provide our lawyers as in-house consultants at competitive rates.
MEETINGS OUTSIDE OFFICE HOURS
We understand that the work/life balance is difficult and we will work with you to meet at a time that is convenient to you, even if it’s outside office hours.