Julian has, for over 17 years, serviced all levels of the construction industry across Australia, including front end drafting and litigation work in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA, NT, WA and ACT. Julian has appeared in superior and appellate Courts across Australia, including litigation on major construction projects. In addition, Julian has worked as legal counsel on major infrastructure projects for global EPC contractor Alstom Power in NSW and WA, and in-house counsel with GHD Engineers in Sydney. In addition to his diverse industry experience, Julian’s point of difference in respect of service delivery for his clients is ensuring that his clients have direct and easy access to him 24/7.
Julian’s recent work includes:
- Drafting and advising clients in respect of delivery of mining and infrastructure projects including Rio Tinto Amrun Bauxite Project in QLD and Lockyer Power Station Project in QLD;
- Advising in respect of contractual claims and payment disputes on major projects in NSW, ACT and QLD, including Westconnex Road Project in Sydney, NSW, Canberra Light Rail Project, ACT, Rio Tinto Amrun Bauxite Project in QLD, and subcontractor’s charge claims on the Arrow Energy CSG project in the Surat Basin, QLD;
- Preparing consultant and contractor payment claims, adjudication applications and managing payment recovery for clients under the BIF Act;
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation, including for a proponent on the Brisbane City Council Botanic Gardens Boardwalk Project in Brisbane CBD;
- Advising in respect of QBCC licensing requirements, including advising the lead design manager for the Destination Brisbane Consortium on QBCC licensing obligations of his role on the Brisbane Queens Wharf Project; and
- Drafting various only Australian Standard design and construct and construct contracts for major commercial, residential and infrastructure related works in QLD; and
- General commercial litigation, including claims under the Australian Consumer Law and breach of copyright.
Julian has extensive experience in servicing clients in the construction industry in Australia
- Law Society of QLD
- Animals Australia
Julian holds the following degrees from the University of Sydney:
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (with Honours)